The privacy and personal data protection for the users of the website is of outstanding importance for the company, which for this purpose has taken all necessary measures to ensure that the personal data of each user is protected and processed to the lowest possible extent, under the safest possible manner, and only as much as necessary to serve the user and to comply with the applicable legislation.
- The company has been registered under the trade name “Alfa auto rent a car” and the trademark “Alfa auto rent a car” as displayed on the website, holding the exclusive right of their use. The above along with the copyrights, rights on database and any other copyright and industrial property rights concerning the website in combination with the underlying software code, belong to the company or the administrator of the website. Any other trademarks, trade names, or logos that may appear on the website do not belong to the company but to their respective third party –
- The company is committed to the accuracy, truthfulness and completeness of information on the website with respect to its identity and the services it provides. The website is available continuously on a twenty-four hour basis during whole the year. The company has the right to render unavailable the website at any time, for whatever reason or even without cause; while the company has no liability for any damages that may occur for whatever reason due to interruption, suspension, or even termination of the website function, which is authorized to perform at any time, at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
- The website is used freely and solely under the responsibility of the users. The company neither is responsible nor is bound for any incorrect, by mistake, electronic data entry and may correct them at any time, once notice them. The information, services and data published or reproduced on the website constitute and are provided as one consolidated product “as is” and “as available”, while cannot be excluded the possibility that inadvertently and unintentionally, technical inaccuracies or typographical errors may exist. Neither any guarantee is provided nor may be deemed to be given in any manner, other than making all reasonable and suitable efforts to ensure meeting all required safety and quality standards. In any case the user must examine and consider the information provided, and act accordingly at his/her discretion. A prerequisite for the use of the website is that the user accepts that the company, its employees and colleagues have no liability (civil, criminal, or other) before the user or any other third party that may derive the right for compensation of damages for whatever reason.
- The website refers exclusively to natural persons with legal capacity under Greek legislation; while if all the relevant minimum typical and substantial requirements set by the Law are not cumulatively met, the use of the site is prohibited. In any case, persons who are not at least 18 years old are prohibited from using the website.
- In case persons, who are minors or are considered legally incapable under Greek legislation, visit the web pages or use the services that are accessible through the web pages of the website, the company and the website administrators have no liability (civil, criminal, or other).
- The company may, at any time, at its sole discretion unilaterally update the terms of this agreement, as well as to permanently shut down the website without prior notice.
- The website may make reference through links, hyperlinks, banners to other webpages belonging to third parties, whose owners and administrators have the exclusive (civil, criminal, or other) liability regarding the security, legitimacy and accuracy of the content of such webpages and their services, excluding the company from any liability whatsoever with respect to any third party rights. The company cannot and does not guarantee, hence, it does not in any way encourages the use of these websites. In any case, the users are obliged to check, examine carefully and comply with the terms and security rules of use, as well as with the privacy policies of respective third-party websites, and to communicate directly with their providers and/or administrators.
- The content of the website, such as, indicatively, the data, software, images, texts, logos, programs, trademarks, photographs, etc. constitute intellectual property of the company protected by the Greek and EU legislation.
- Any, partial or full standardization, alteration, publication, announcement, distribution, reproduction, republication, interference, modification, deletion, uploading, retransmission, sale; or by any means, exploitation of the content of the website, without written permission endorsement – consent by the company; and the transmission of any content, application, program or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or infringes the intellectual property or any other right of the company or any third party. Users are prohibited from using any interference method or software, or attempting to interfere electronically or manually with the operation or functionality of the website, including but not limited to online uploading or creation of folders containing corrupted files or viruses, which may cause in any way alteration, change or interfere at the displayed “style and aesthetics” of the website or the underlying software code; and to make any action that may cause an illogical and asymmetrical overload on the website or infrastructure. Users are prohibited from using the booking platform in any manner that can affect its use by other users. It is prohibited to create a database of users through the systematic downloading and storing of information from the website, or by posting commercial or otherwise, or allowing others to access the website through the users’ account, username or password. Users are prohibited to proceed in uploading – postings of ads, invitations, chain letters, pyramids, investment opportunities or any other unwanted commercial communications, engagement in spamming or flooding, modifications, adjustments, licensing, translations, sales, transfers, reverse engineering, decompiling or disassembling of any part of the website or its content. Users are prohibited from transmitting or sending any malware or other material to the site containing viruses, time bombs, Trojan horses, worms, cancel bots or other computer programming features that may harm, interfere with, interrupt, or affect any system, data or information, and the use of any robot, spider, site search or retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process for recovering, finding, data mining, or in any way, the reproduction or circumvention of the navigation structure or presentation of the website or its content.
- The users are allowed to download, print, and copy the material of the website, only for their personal – non-commercial use, so that they can review and understand the services provided by the company, as well as the users’ and company’s rights and obligations.
- The company shall take all appropriate measures required to ensure that any information sent to the website for car bookings is kept confidential and is protected from any unauthorized access or use, theft, disclosure, modification, by providing the appropriate physical, technical, procedural and electronic protection measures. More specifically, the company has a Security Certificate “SHA-256 with RSA Encryption” to encrypt the data of each user.
- With respect to the online service for car rental booking provided by the company through the use of a debit or credit card, the company leases an external server of a cooperating financial institution, within the scope of which, the personal data and debit or credit card details that the user voluntarily discloses are entered directly into an enhanced encryption protection environment, without the company having or being able to acquire any access in such information.
- The online car booking through the website does not require any pre-payment of the rent and, in no way constitutes a contract binding for the company for the provision of car rental services. If the user does not have a debit or credit card, he/she can make an free online booking, with the final confirmation of the booking still be pending until the user’s request is processed to be either approved or not, based on the availability of cars for the dates requested.
- Any advance, partial or full, payment of the rent for the car to be rented is subject to preapproval and acceptance of the debit/credit card of the lessor/driver from the cooperating financial institution, following the steps and options of the relevant booking platform on the link: ………………………… The prequisite to finalize the car rental through the above online booking platform is that: a) the terms of the car rental have been read, and have become fully understood and accepted, as stated in the link: …………………………, and b) a partial or full payment of the car to be rented has been made. Otherwise, the rental is concluded on the spot at the time the car to be rented is delivered to the lessee. The payment of the rent on the spot at the time of delivery – receipt of the car, is made either in cash, or by credit or debit card. In any case, the user may contact directly the company in order to be informed regarding the options and capabilities that he/she has, depending on the specifics of his/her case.
- Up to 48 hours prior to the agreed time for the delivery of the car to the lessee, the user may modify his/her booking by contacting the company, either via an e-mail to: , or by calling: 2108942453.
- The user fully understands and agrees that in order to electronically book, and/or rent a car from the company, and/or receive answers to any queries that he/she may have about the company’s services, information, details and offer updates, he/she must provide the minimum required personal details and data in order to enable any of the above actions and/or electronic transactions to be completed. These include, indicatively, the name, gender, ID or passport details, age, home address, driving license, email and mobile phone number, credit card details and other personal information, that allow users to be identified for security purposes, always in accordance with the Greek and EU legislation into force. In special occasions, it may be required by the Law that, the information that becomes available to the company while providing its services must be disclosed to the police, administrative, judicial authorities such as in case of administrative infringements, criminal or other offenses; as well as that additional information must be collected on the health status of the user – lessee of the car, such as in case of accidents where cooperation with insurance companies etc. is required.
- In general, the collection of information and data of a user and/or car lessee is made through the webpages of the company, the website as per the terms herein, the car rental agreement, his/her web browser and visits at the premises of the company for the conduct of transactions with the company and its representatives.
- The company has been appointed as the Data Protection Officer of the personal data collected by the company through any means; and as provided by the users, only if they decide so.
- The user gives his/her consent and expressly agrees with the company that when he/she voluntarily submits his/her personal details to the online booking and rental platform at the link: ……………………., the company has the right to use such data in a lawful manner in order to complete the transaction intended by the user; as well as, in case he becomes a lessee, for the purposes described in the car rental agreement: …………………………. The information, details, and data, which are provided freely by the user to the company, are used by the company so that the user may have direct, secure and effective communication with the company; to receive answers regarding issues and requests he/she addresses to the company with respect the services it provides; and at the same time, in order for the company to meet the minimum security standards set by applicable legislation for the investigation of any electronic, web, as well as economic and/or criminal crime, administrative or any other infringements.
- In addition, the user is aware and agrees that the data collected through the website – in case the user chooses and agrees to give his/her consent as per the terms herein – allows to identify his/her interests in order to facilitate him/her while using the website.
- The site is designed in such a way that the users can visit it without revealing their identity unless they wish so, in order to book online a car and/or to rent a car and/or to send any queries to the company’s email address. The types of data collected relate also to specific processing purposes, such as evaluating and responding to user requests or queries, sending any financial offers and/or promotional offers via sms or e-mails, in order for the user to be found in exceptional cases where the company cannot contact him/her during or after a rental, following any requests by the authorities in case where administrative, criminal, civil or other offenses have been committed. The free disclosure by the user to the Company of his/her personal details and data regarding the car rental services provided by the company constitutes an explicit and unambiguous consent of that user to the Company to use the data only for the purposes described in this agreement and in the car rental agreement of the link: …………………………….
- The company is obliged to processing the users’ personal data only if there is a legitimate reason, by refraining from any further unnecessary or unfair processing; and more specifically, only if the user has given this particular, express and unambiguous, and in full awareness consent with an affirmative action for any particular purpose of processing, and/or to safeguard the legitimate interest of the company, such as for preventing and/or facilitating the authorities to handle administrative infringements, economic, penal and other crimes etc.
- The user is able to exercise, at any time, the following rights: a) to access the information he/she has provided and to receive copy of it in order to be able to determine legitimacy of data processing, b) to ask modification of his/her personal data; c) to ask deletion of his/her personal data or to withdraw his/her consent where this is not prohibited by any other legal obligation; d) to ask the restriction of processing; e) to raise objection in case he/she disagrees with the processing purposes (e.g. commercial, advertising, statistics, etc.); f) to transfer the personal data to other data process officers, if technically feasible.
- In any case, every user shall know that he/she may withdraw his consent at any time regarding the storage and processing of his/her personal data by contacting the company directly by e-mail at: , or by phone at: 2108942453; while the user reserves also the right to file a complaint to the competent Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr) at the following contact details: phone: 210 6475600, fax: 210 6475628, email: .
- The personal data collected by the company as per the above are kept by the company for as long as it is necessary for the provision of services to the user; for as long as the user chooses to receiving any alerts on financial offers; until the user explicitly withdraws his/her consent; for as long as it is required by the Law for public interest purposes and examination of any administrative offenses, criminal and any other offenses.
- The company cannot guarantee that the access of the users to the website shall always be performed without any interruptions, errors or malfunctions, and that any information, data, content, software or other information does not contain any programming errors, viruses, internet risks, or any other potentially harmful element. The company has no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage of any nature arising or caused by the access or the use of the website, or because of users’ access to other websites linked to the website.